January 09, 2009

My New Toy



This is an electronic cutter called Cricut Expression which can cut from 1/4" sizes up to 23.5". I was able to get it from ebay at a much more reasonable price. The bad part is that you have to buy cartridges to get more fonts and base graphics. The good part is that I accept gift cards to all major craft stores from all friends and relatives!

O.M.G. - I did NOT think I would LOVE this machine. Die cuts are just NOT my thing. Until now... The final cut products are much more detailed than the old die cutting systems and since scrapbook paper is 12 x 12, I became interested. You can also cut vinyl. I'm thinking cute little window graphics for the back of the Yukon...

I have just played with it for the first time and I made an AWESOME frame for my February Scrap Class. You'll have to wait for the completed layout pages to see it.

To quote Marissa: "I love the smell of a New Toy!"